Are you searching for a Fort Collins sign shop that can make you a quality exterior business sign, interior sign, commercial window wrap, or outdoor banner? In today’s blog post, we are going to dis…Read More
Business Signs In Fort Collins
Signs Fort Collins
If you’re in need of a custom business sign in Fort Collins, you’re not alone. Businesses that have been around for a long time are either replacing their signs, redesigning them, or rebranding their entire look. On the other side of the coin, new businesses are opening up all the time, whether it’s a restaurant, dentist office, hotel, bike shop, or brewery (we’ll talk at length about brewery signs below).
No matter the reason for getting a new sign or the type of sign they need, businesses are coming to Action Signs to get the best signs around. We’re here to tell you about the importance of the most popular types of signs in Fort Collins and all along the Front Range.
Outdoor Business Signs
Whether it’s above the awning in a strip mall, attached to the outside of a freestanding building, or standing in a green space and acting as a wayfinding sign, outdoor business signs in Fort Collins end up being the most important signs that businesses have.
At our Fort Collins sign shop, our specialty is helping businesses design the perfect outdoor business sign. We’ll then construct and light it in the perfect manner to bring customers in.
What Does An Outdoor Business Sign Have To Do?
There are five primary aspects of a business sign that should not be ignored at either the design or the fabrication stage.
- Light It Up – In most cases, your outdoor business sign should be a lighted outdoor business sign. It gets dark by 4:45 along the Front Range during the middle of winter, which means that customers will be looking for you when it’s dark. Even if your business isn’t open after dark, it important to let everyone know where it is so that the sign plants a seed in their minds of where your business is.
- It Should Match Your Business – It’s important that your sign matches your business in some way. If you already have a logo, that might become part of the sign. Just remember that the logo might have to be altered in some way in order to be visible — and readable — on an outdoor overhead sign.
- It Has To Grab Attention – It’s important that your sign stand out from all others around it. While the stores around you might not be your direct competition, it’s important that it’s easy to find as someone is driving around a parking lot. It’s also imperative that it be memorable so that someone passing by today will remember where you are the next time they need your goods or services.
- It Should Be As Big As Possible – Sometimes the size of a sign is determined by the building owner, so a tenant we’re working for might be restricted in the size of the sign they’re allowed to put up. But barring any restriction, it’s important that an outdoor business sign be as big as possible (with a few exceptions).
- It Should Be In As Many Places As Possible – Again, we understand that many times we are working within the limitations put on a business by the building owner they are leasing from. But if possible, a business should have signs up on as many sides of a building as possible.
Interior Business Signs
When most people think of business signs, they often think about the topic we just finished writing about: lighted outdoor business signs. And as important as those signs are, it’s vitally important that interior business signs aren’t forgotten.
Interior business signs can take on many forms, from aluminum signs behind the front desk to lighted and frosted glass signs in the atrium. But if a customer is already standing at the front desk, they’re already a customer, right? What’s the need to keep reminding them where they are? Here are a few reasons why interior business signs can be so important to your business.
Help With Wayfinding and Identification
Many businesses are part of larger buildings, such as in a mall or in other mixed-use areas. Consider certain medical buildings where there might be multiple companies offering emergency services, from blood testing to medical imaging to urgent care. Each of these companies is going to want it’s own interior business sign to let customers know which window to approach.
You’re Always Marketing
Have no doubts, interior signs are about marketing. Signage can draw customers into a store, and 75-percent of people say that they’ve entered a store just because of signage they see through the window.
Dress (Your Walls) To Impress
Two-thirds of customers say they believe that the quality of the sign corresponds to the quality of the business itself. If they see an old, worn, chipped sign behind the reception desk, they’re not going to think as highly of the company as they would if they found a nice new sign. A new interior sign is one of the easiest ways to spruce up any area that a customer sees. The more impressive the sign, the better they’ll think of your business.
“Where Am I?”
A returning customer will probably have a pretty good idea of where they are. They’ve come back because they were happy with your service.
But what about that customer who’s in your business for the first time? Let’s say you own a body shop. You know which body shop you own, but a customer might have researched a dozen body shops before coming into yours. As they’re standing at the counter dropping off their car, you want your company’s logo to be in front of them as much as possible. (Honestly, we still have a hard time telling if we’re in PetSmart or PetCo!)
Tie It All Together
People might see your logo many times before they actually step foot in your business. They might have seen it on your website or in a mailing flyer, and they most certainly saw your outdoor business sign and the logo on your door. But when they see your indoor business sign, (that flagship sign that looks absolutely amazing), it ties everything else together. The inside business signs are more complex than exterior signs and offer an excellent way to show off your logo.
Light It Up!
Finally, don’t forget about lighting your interior business signs. Depending on the type of sign you choose, a business sign from our sign shop can be light from within, from behind, or from the front. There are many awesome options, so be sure to check them out here.
Lighted Building Signs
When we were discussing signs in Fort Collins above, we touched on a few reasons why you’ll want to choose lighted business signs over ones that have no means of being seen at night. Having signs lighted is a good idea for both exterior and interior signs. Why? Here are the most common reasons.
- Lighted Signs Draw Attention – If all signs are lighted, don’t they just vie for attention? Yes, and that’s why your sign in Fort Collins should stand out in every way possible. While you might not be able to rely solely on the light to draw people’s eyes (design and color certainly helps), you can’t eschew it either.
- You Want To Be Seen Even If You’re Closed – Everyone already knows what Coca-Cola is, yet the soda brand continues to market more than any other soft drink out there. That’s because they know how important it is to always be in the public eye. Keeping your sign lighted at night, even if you’re not open, always keeps the name of your business in front of people.
- It Gets Dark Around Here! – When winter arrives, the days get shorter and shorter until it seems like we get about 20 minutes of sunlight a day. But on the Front Range, it gets darker even earlier because Fort Collins and the surrounding area are in the shadow of the Rocky Mountain and the foothills. That means the sun goes is hidden sooner, so having a lighted sign is the best way to let people find you when it’s only 5:00 pm!
- Let Them Know You’re Open – Customers get confused pretty easily. Even if your interior lights are on, they might be confused because your sign isn’t lit up like everyone else’s. Don’t give them any reason to pass your business by.
Outdoor Banners and Signs
There’s another type of advertisement that that can’t be ignored: temporary outdoor banners and signs. These are the types of signs that have a specific purpose but won’t be around as long as a permanent business sign.
Customers use banners for a number of reasons. These include:
- To shove into the ground and gain attention (banner flags)
- To advertise temporary sales over the storefront entrance
- Temporary store signage for a new business until the permanent outdoor lighted sign is finished
- Temporary store signage if the permanent sign has been damaged in some way
But just because a banner is temporary doesn’t mean that it can be low-quality. In fact, a great deal of effort and care should be put into an outdoor banner. Here’s what they should do:
Banners should stand up to weather – We get our share of inclement weather here in northern Colorado. Not only do banners have to deal with every type of precipitation, but they also have to hold up to high winds coming off the mountains. Oh, and there’s also the extreme level of UV radiation that can break them down and cause them to fade. The better the banner, the longer they’ll last and the better impression they will make on your customers.
Banners should be designed well – Speaking of making an impression on your customers, a banner should be designed as well as anything else your business uses. If your banner looks bad, it’s going to reflect poorly on your business. Additionally, if it tries to deliver too much information or doesn’t deliver enough, it’s not going to do what you need it to do. When you work with our print shop on the design, you’ll get professional design services from a company that knows how to make outdoor banners and signs pop.
Banners should get noticed – This should go without saying: outdoor banners should get noticed. They need to capture the attention of passersby and anyone who’s driving past. This might be due to the design, but it could just as easily be because of the location of the banner or the way that it flaps in the breeze. We have a wide selection of banners (including trade show banners) that can get it noticed.
Custom Brewery Signs
As you can probably imagine, we get a variety of requests for different kinds of signs here in Fort Collins. It’s one of the fastest-growing areas of the country, so there are businesses of every type opening up nearly every day…and each one needs business signs. We’ve certainly handled our share of pizza place signs over the years.
So you might wonder why we’re focusing on custom brewery signs specifically? Well, here are a few statistics that should shine some light on the need for lighted brewery signs.
- Colorado has the second most breweries in the nation, with more than 350 (only California beats it). Not bad considering we’re the 21st most populous state in the nation!
- Boulder has the second-highest number of breweries per capita in the country, beating even brewery juggernaut Portland, Oregon.
- There are more than 20 breweries in Fort Collins alone, which means that each of them needs a custom brewery sign. Considering that five breweries have opened up just in the last year, the need for brewery signs is obviously growing.
All this to say that Colorado obviously loves beer, and the Front Range is becoming a destination spot for those who love brewing (and those who love to taste the fruits of that brewing!). With each brewery that pops up, a new custom brewery sign in Fort Collins is needed.
BONUS! We’re not just about making the exterior and interior brewery signs — we’ll design them too! We can provide the beer label design and anything else that a brewery might need to get up and running.
With so many breweries in Fort Collins, you’re going to have a lot of inspiration to draw from. But you’re also going to have a lot of competition. When you get the right design services from a print shop like Action Signs, you’re going to be able to stand out from the competition!
Action Signs Has You Covered!
When you work with our sign shop, we can provide so much more than just the interior and exterior signs that we mentioned above. In fact, our print shop can handle just about anything your business needs, making us one-stop shopping. In addition to your sign needs, we’ll also take care of your:
- Decorative Window Film
- Vinyl Vehicle Wraps: car wraps, truck wraps, trailer wraps, motorcycle wraps, boat wraps, van wraps, bus wraps, and more!
- Trade Show Displays
- Beer Labels
- Wall Wraps and Coverings
Action Signs uses only the highest-quality materials to get you any products you need that will be seen by the public. You’ll be proud of everything we deliver!
Let’s Get Your Fort Collins Sign Started
If you’ve read this far, you know by now how important it is to invest in a quality sign in Fort Collins. In fact, no matter where you are here in northern Colorado (and all the way up to Cheyenne), you can’t skimp on your signage. A sign is often one of the first ways that a customer interacts with your business, and you want to make a good impression on them.
At Action Signs, we’re ready to work with you to get you the best signs along the Front Range. We’ve worked with hundreds of businesses to help them present themselves to the public in the best possible way, and now we’re ready to help you. Give us a call at (970) 230-3276, email us at email@example.com, or use the form on this page to tell us about your next project. We’ll deliver the best signs in all of northern Colorado!